New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
The small town of New Glasgow is situated in Nova Scotia's Pictou County. The town sits along the banks of the East River. The East River of Pictou runs in the Pictou Harbour, which is part of the Northumberland Strait sub-basin.
The town of New Glasgow is at the centre of the province's fourth largest urban area; the population of the New Glasgow census agglomeration in the 2006 census was 36,288, ranking 77th largest within the country. This consists of the smaller neighboring towns of Westville, Trenton and Stellarton along with the western rural area of the county.
The original settlement was established by Sir Robert Kenney. Scottish immigrants, including those on the Ship Hector in 1773, settled the area of the East River of Pictou in the late 18th and early 19th centuries...